Bavarian Beneficial Association, Reading, PA
The Bavarian Beneficial Association was located at 2000 Hill Road. The original frame building is the portion on the left in the photo shown below.
In 1910, officers and founding members all belonged to St. Paul’s R.C. Church, 151 North Ninth Street, Reading, PA.
The Bavarian Club closed around 1966 because of declining membership.
After the Bavarian Club became defunct, the building was used for city storage until advanced decrepitude, brought on by neglect, made it unsuitable. Public Works Director Michael Mucha requested “removal by controlled burning,” which occurred April 4, 1997.